Friday, March 19, 2010

Going to the Dentist

Though Brody has been to the dentist's office for a few visits while his older sisters received their exams, this week he actually got to have his turn at sitting in the chair for his very first cleaning. And can I just say how fortunate I am to have children that truly LOVE getting their teeth cleaned?

In an effort to speed things up this time, we were scheduled to see two separate hygienists simultaneously. The girls were in one room, while Brody and I were in the other. So apparently Cassidy's hygienist asked her kindly if she would please stop sucking her thumb (not right then and there obviously while she was sitting in the chair...but you know...long term). Cassidy's reply was "okay". Meanwhile, back in our own examining room, I had no idea what was going on next door until I heard Ella blurt out, "yeah right...she'll never stop sucking her thumb." Poor Cassidy.

On to the pictures...

In the waiting room...Cassidy and Brody looking through pictures they were taking while waiting to be called in. And yes, that is Fancy Nancy sitting there in the chair. Apparently she needed her teeth cleaned too.



Happy as a clam...









The spit cup. Something about telling a kid they can actually spit...in public...in front of a real live person...you should have seen Brody's eyes bug right out.



Had to include these last two. Our dentist is the one I have been going to since I was a child. That is so neat to me. He isn't necessarily considered a "pediatric" dentist, but he is certainly a family man and I love that.

Brody loved those little black binoculars attached to Dr. Long's glasses. I think we might have to get him a pair next Christmas.

0 comments:

The Svoboda Family

My photo
"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP